Tuesday, April 19, 2016

scent


Do you ever feel like some scent brings back memories?
Like  have you ever   felt like you smelled a certain scent?
Where it  triggers back memories of the past.
It happens to me all the time.
Sometimes I feel like my mind is somewhere else.
When my body is here.
My thoughts get in the way of me. 
And I scent other places.
Where I have been in the past,
Like old scents such as coffee in the mornings.
Reminds me of the good old days .
Where I use to wake up to my mothers  good home made coffee.
Or the smell of sharpened pencils reminds me of the first day of elementry .
Or how about the smell of pine trees back in the summer days . 
Reminds me of the days I use to spend my afternoons taking walks at the lake. 
I rememeber it all .
I scent it two.
And if I can Relive the moments again  I would.

-Nadira Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment